Forensic Medicine Department
The Department of Forensic Medicine, DMCH came into existence in the year 2019. Since then the department has been striving to meet with the medico-legal requirements of the region.
Research Activities: - Will progress with the start of academic year.
- Quality Medico-legal services (Clinical Forensic Medical/ MLC/ Sexual Assault/ Post-mortem Examinations.
- Quality teaching of MBBS, MD and PhD courses.
- Evidence and expert opinion in the Court of Law.
- Research activities at National and International levels.
- Developing new modules of teaching in the subject.
- Working as referral centre for other medico-legal centres.
- Deals in cases referred by Honourable Court, Administration and Policies or by other Government Agencies to Medical College, usually as a referral institute.
- Medical boards which may be Inter or Intra Departmental on request of Police/ Court or Administration.
- Total number of post-mortem examinations conducted since the beginning of the Institute till date 50 Nos.
- Total number of age determination of assault cases since the beginning of the Institute till date 60 Nos.
Awards and Achievements: - Will progress with the start of academic year.
Publications: - To start with the commencement of academic year.
Dr. Subha Jyoti Deka
Professor & HOD
Dr. Sainjalee Haflongbar
Dr. Kaustav Ranjan Kalita
Dr. Samuel Takbi